PossAbilities has two STARS programs. Both provide adults with disabilities the opportunity to integrate and connect with the community. Through the programs, PossAbilities staff help teach and support individuals as they learn the skills needed to engage in community activities.
Community Engagement Activities may include:
- Volunteering to prepare a meal for a local church group
- Shoveling snow around fire hydrants
- Touring the local Police Department
- Fishing along the Root River
- Shopping at the Apache Mall
- Picnicking at a local park
- And much more!
The STARS program spends 80% of the day in the community. The STARS TOO program spends about 40% of the week in the community and the rest of the time is focused on in-center structured activities.
Being out in the community, allows adults with disabilities to practice social skills taught by PossAbilities staff. This helps build confidence and self-esteem, which enables the individual to become more independent.