PossAbilities recognizes that adults with disabilities want to be a part of their community; they want to build meaningful relationships; and they want to be involved in activities that interest them. Our staff members are dedicated to providing this type of innovative care to individuals in our Life Enrichment program.
PossAbilities offers daily programming for adults with disabilities to improve quality living experiences. Through meaningful group activities, individuals are able to connect with their peers, build upon lifelong skills and hobbies, and participate in community interests. Being out in the community allows people of all abilities the chance to practice social skills and build their confidence and self-esteem, all of which help improve independence.
Community interests may include:
- Attending a festival or community event
- Picnicking at a park
- Hiking at Whitewater State Park
- Biking or walking on a local trail
- Bowling or playing at an arcade
- Going to a movie
- Touring a business that interests you
Other daily activities may include:
- Arts and crafts projects
- Baking or cooking activity
- Card or board games
- Educational opportunities to improve independent living skills