At PossAbilities we create opportunities for children and adults with disabilities to contribute to and connect with the community.
We do this in three ways.
- Deliver Employment Services based on an individual’s ability, interest and desire
- Provide Life Enrichment socialization, recreation, personal care and support for individuals across the continuum of two years old through retirement
- Act as the Fiscal Support Entity for individuals or for families who are self-directing the care of their family member with a disability
We serve approximately 350 individuals with disabilities and their families from Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha and Winona counties, including a few people from Hennepin. On any given day we transport 175 individuals. In 2018, we had $8,950,922 in public support, fundraising and revenues. We provide services at two different locations in Rochester and the Program Without Walls which is based entirely in the community.
People with disabilities are thriving, valued and engaged community members. Our community is vibrant, inclusive and advocates for all of its members. PossAbilities is an exceptional organization of caring leaders and experts providing innovative, person-centered supports and services for people with disabilities.
- Build community capacity to support reciprocal relationships and life enrichment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Enhance and grow community capacity to provide viable employment and volunteer work experiences for people with disabilities.
- Expand, create access, and market support services in our community to those who need them.
- Build an exceptional organization of caring leaders and experts providing innovative, person-centered supports and services for people with disabilities.
We were founded in 1961, by three mothers, as the Day Activities Center (DAC). Our mission from the beginning has been serving people with disabilities and through the years we have adapted to meet the changing needs of the PossAbilities participants and the community.